Wednesday 22 April 2009

An evening by the river


After work birding started at Broom, naturally. I pottered around Gypsy Lane East hoping to see my White Wag from the other day to try and digiscope it. It wasn't there. There was a rather tame Mistle Thrush bouncing around the stubble though.

After half an hour of not seeing very much I went to Langford for a wander along the river. A few warblers were singing - Blackcap, Sedgie, Whitethroat. A distant Cuckoo cuckooed, and a wonderful Barn Owl did a few fly pasts. No Groppers though. I guess they can't be in yet, as there were three along this stretch last year.

I also had to switch my atlas head back on again when I found three broods of Greylag goslings on the edge of the river - 8, 5 and 3. I will have to see if they've already been recorded in the tetrad.

Home just after 7, with a curry waiting for me - nice.

Ps - also just heard the BMA was a pukka call, and it's on its way out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails