Sunday 22 July 2007

Sun? Ah, that'll be summer then...

As today's been sunny I had a look at Sharpenhoe Clappers. I wanted to try and catch the last of the Dark-green Fritillaries and the first of the Chalkhill Blues. Dispite the fresh wind at the top there were plenty of butterflies. Lots of Chalkhill Blues (see the first pic below) with many of them fresh looking individuals. The Fritillaries were a different story however, with many of them looking a little worst for wear.


Plenty of crickets and grasshoppers about. Not sure of the species of the next two though...



I really like photographing Skippers. I think it's because they sit still and are usually accomodating. Below are a couple of Small Skippers. Tring to find an Essex Skipper amongst them is a long and tiring task, which I have yet to master...



Good numbers of moths were in the grass too, again, I don't know the species of any of these three...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails